Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Sorensens--November

Hi everyone! I just got done sending you all harrassment emails about the blog..so I thought it was time to add in our stuff. Here's what we've been up to the past month:
Spencer: As most of you know, Spencer's previous company decided to merge with another, and in the merge, the new company that took over Spencer's department's funding, decided to 'misplace' large amounts of money, and therefore put an indefinite freeze on paying his department. So......he's spent the last 3 weeks or so spending some quality time with his beloved family, being put to work by his sweet and skinny (wink wink) wife, and advertising his various website services. He's picked up a few jobs, and is actually earning his keep (and ours), but the search contines. He's also decided that being layed off concurrently with his business partner twice in one year is reason enough for the two of them to get serious and start their own company. They've been meeting with potential clients and figuring out all the ins and outs of that sort of stuff that I'm totally clueless about. He should be writing about this, but since he's relinquished the computer to me for a short (short!) time, I am not about to ask him back in here to do it. I always like having him around and all, but this whole sharing the office and phone business is really getting old. Plus having him around more is making my eating habits go down the toilet, so that does NOT make the old girl a happy one. He also just got released as Cub Scout Chairman, and got put in as Ward Mission leader.
Shaunell: I am just doing the regular mom stuff and not too much is different. I feel like the Whitneys have had a more stressful time this last little while, so I've been thinking of you all quite a bit, and worrying and praying. We got to go up and see Grandma at the beginning of Oct., and I'm grateful we got the chance. I have so many good memories of time spent at Grandma's house; Jess and I making fudge at this time of year, spending the night and having Grandma make us yummy breakfast in the morning; going camping with Grandma and Grandpa by myself, and all the holidays and events we got to share. I'm grateful to have lived so close to her and Grandpa both, and that they were a big part of our lives. Who else is gonna call me glamour puss? :) All in all, I am just really grateful for all of my family. The more stressful life gets, the more grateful I am to know why we are all here, and what life is really all about. Family is most important, and I try my best every day to teach my kids what I feel about life, Heavenly Father, and family. It's a struggle, and I feel like I fail most days, but that's what I am doing, and strive to do every day.
Cetera: My sweet Cetera continues to test her mother's mettle and patience and intelligence each day. What would I be without her? She loves school, and is learning so much. Today she was telling me about vowels and syllables....because she honestly thinks we don't know (ha ha). She is picking up reading quickly and her little eyes get so big when she realizes what she's doing. It cracks me up. She is still in dance, and practicing for her Christmas recital. She asks every day, "is it December yet?"-because she is so excited to perform in front of a 'real audience'. The other day she came home from school, and they'd had a big "drug free" week all week long, and that day they'd had a big pep assembly type show. She walked in the door and said, "Mom, did you know that Drugs are a trap? And they will snap you down just like a mouse's head in a trap!"

Aislyn: Good old weeze......remains my happy and non-grumpy child (except when hungry). She has learned how to use scissors and thinks they are the bomb, and so, she asks me at least 4 times a day if she can 'cut'. She also wants to use my lipstick and eat my gum all day long. Halloween and the advent thereof have been winners with her, because of the large influx of candy into our house. She is a candy fiend! It's replaced "Juice" in the number one spot for main source of calories. NOT good. My favorite thing lately is when I ask if she needs or wants something she replies, "NO mom, I am JUST fine."
SO that's us as of late. Love and miss you all. Check our blog for latest pics. Hugs.

No comments: